We hope to see you again soon!

You are now leaving Lundbeck UK's website (www.lundbeck.com/uk) for an external website. External links are provided as a resource to the viewer. Lundbeck UK are not responsible for the external website and its content.

UK-NOTPR-1010 | April 2022



Organisation and ownership

How We are Organised

Lundbeck's largest shareholder is the Lundbeck Foundation, which owns roughly 70% of the shares in Lundbeck, while the remaining 30% are traded on the stock exchange. Lundbeck is divided into six divisions, and is managed by an Executive Management team and a Board of Directors.

Lundbeck’s Executive Management team consists of eight members, led by Charl van Zyl, President & CEO.

These twelve members - eight external directors and four Lundbeck employee representatives - bring deep industry knowledge and solid management experience to our Board of Directors.

Our Business Units

Research and Development

Our research and development (R&D) teams are dedicated to creating the most innovative and effective treatments for patients with psychiatric and neurological disorders. We are solely devoted to the treatment of these disorders – and we are passionate about what we do. Our research facilities are located in Denmark and the United States and we have production facilities in France, Italy, and Denmark

Commercial Operations

Our commercial operations team are represented globally, and we have affiliates in 50+ countries. The Lundbeck global marketing team at our headquarters in the Danish capital, Copenhagen, shapes our global brand strategy. It works closely alongside R&D, business development, and other key business areas. Commercial Operations is responsible for all commercial activities in Lundbeck and drives the sales and marketing of Lundbeck products across the world via our affiliates. In additional markets we sell Lundbeck products via partners and distributors. The division is co-led by Executive Vice Presidents and is divided into three main areas: Regions, Global Strategic Marketing and Business Operations.

Corporate Functions

Our corporate functions provide dedicated support to our business within Finance, IT & Digitalisation, Legal, Compliance & Sustainability, Procurement, and Investor Relations to ensure business value. We support our global organisation from our headquarters in Copenhagen and our business service centre in Krakow. Our affiliates in over 50 countries also have their own in-house corporate functions.

Product Development and Supply

This is the core of our manufacturing unit. It offers significant opportunities for engineers within chemistry, production, supply chain, engineering, and maintenance.The product development and supply team is formed from specialist skillsets across the organisation. They manage the entire project lifecycle – from user requirement specifications and vendor selections through to installation, qualification/validation, and final handover to the end user. 


Lundbeck has developed and commercialised some of the world’s most widely prescribed therapies for brain diseases. With our 70-year heritage, we have been trusted partners within the medical community. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies because of our ownership structure - we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline and continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help improve the lives of people with brain disease.

People and Communication

People & Communication consists of two business units – Corporate HR and Corporate Communication & Public Affairs. We support all our employees with HR and Communication related tasks across various business areas and geographies. In corporate HR, we aim to optimise Lundbeck’s global potential by developing people, the organisation, attracting new employees and with operations and with operational excellence. Our Corporate Communication & Public Affairs department drives and facilitates communication to activate the Lundbeck brand, engage employees and ensure their understanding of strategic priorities.  


More from Lundbeck

Corporate Governance

Our framework of rules and principles for sustainable value creation.

Lundbeck Foundation

The Lundbeck Foundation has brought discoveries to life for more than 60 years.

Our Leadership

A decision-making body made up of a two-tier management structure.

UK-NOTPR-1844 | April 2024